Saturday, August 30, 2008

Clothing-Optional Getaway

Once in a while I need to leave town, option a luxurious vacation resort, be anonymous, and relax. I went to Virginia the other day via internet to save gas, then optioned a quick side trip to Key West, Florida. It took less than five seconds to go from Virginia to the southernmost city in the continental US. Internet travel at its best.

Once there, I took the IPix Virtual Panoramic Tours to Bahama village, Clinton Square, and Higgs Beach. I also walked poolside at a clothing-optional hotel for men. I’d guess that the other men were between 40-50 years younger than me. I wouldn’t take off my clothes around them. Kind of like revealing that you were a chimpanzee before you took up golf.

But the beach, pool, hotel and rules provide that ageless attraction of seeing how the other half live, the photoshopped half that lack bald spots, or a bridge of false teeth. They spend loads of time in the fitness room, have little in common with my everyday life, my aches and pains--an altogether different kind of morning stiffness.

No comments: