Friday, February 6, 2009

I Took a Shower with Madonna

I took a shower with Madonna last Saturday morning. I like hot showers with a lot of steam. We were a little crowded, but we were hot, steamy and quick, about four minutes.

Earlier last week, I showered with The Killers. We sing great harmony together. The stall was filled and the glass door steamed like milkweed but we made a phenomenal sound. “I hear them knocking and they’re gonna break down the door. I hear them knocking and they’re gonna come back for more.” We rocked! We rocked!

Ever since I attached waterproof speakers to the inside of the shower stall, I’ve been singing every morning. In fact, singing afternoons and evenings too, in the yard, in the car, while doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen. Doing duets with Jason Mraz, harmonizing with Of Montreal, Blind Pilot, Cold War Kids, soaping to the goldies (Bruce Springsteen, the Bee Gees, Beatles, Stones), rinsing with The Spoons, Lil Wayne, 50 Cents.

Occassionally, say with Freddie Mercury, Roy Orbison, Aretha Franklin, Sam Harris, Rufus Wainwright--I might as well step out of the stall and wipe dry because they reach notes I can’t reach. But it’s a lot of fun trying.

My partner thinks I’m a noise-maker, but I’m not. I’m energy in the flesh, a whole lotta loving going on.

1 comment:

TitansFan said...

That's fun stuff! I do the same thing every morning and evening. I have this Steam Shower that has an integrated sound system that I hooked up my MP3 player to for my own variety. It really does make me a lot more chipper B-)